Wednesday, February 18, 2015

What in the world is an SRP?

Considering I will be using the terminology quite often, I thought it important to define the term SRP. First off, the acronym SRP really stands for senior research project. A senior research project is a unique opportunity my high school offers to seniors their third trimester in which the student creates his or her own independent research project and figures out a plan of action to execute proposed research. This process includes the events of deciding on what one wants to study, finding an internship where one can conduct research, and producing an appropriate final product to convey the significance of the research to members of the Tucson and BASIS community.
I chose to do an SRP because I love the idea of being to study whatever I desire, and I also figured it would be good practice if I want to participate in research in college. I am going to major in engineering next year, so the question arises why chose a project that seems so out of my comfort zone and realm of interests? Well, when deciding what project I wanted to devote all my energy and time to, I settled on trying something that I knew I would never have the chance to dabble in again. Advertising is certainly something that is overwhelmingly present in the world we live in today, so why not educate myself on something I interact with on a daily basis? I am ecstatic to have this opportunity to experience the world of modern-day marketing and to educate myself on how to target a capitalist consumer. Feel free to ask me questions about my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment