Saturday, February 14, 2015

An Introduction to the Blogger and the Project

Hello everyone!
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to stop by my blog. If you don't already know me, my name is Erica Tevere and I am a senior at BASIS Tucson North a charter school located in Tucson, Arizona. I am currently in the process of beginning work on my senior research project. A senior research project is a unique opportunity seniors at my school can choose to pursue their last trimester of the year. For my senior research project I am working at a local advertising company to observe the ways in which the collection and application of Big Data are affecting the way in which we interact in society. The company I will be working for is Nuanced Media; their website is as follows: http://nuancedmedia.com/. At my internship I will be specifically researching how Big Data is affecting the medical field in respect to patient privacy and patient care, but I also hope to gain a better understanding of how Big Data is used to produce advertisements that target consumers. I am also interested in observing the social implications of a world where Big Data is such a large and integrated part of how we function, and seeing how as a population we can learn to recognize when our own information is what is making a product appealing to us. I am super excited to begin this journey and I hope that through the course of this project you as an audience can also learn a lot about Big Data and advertising and can become better educated consumers of a capitalist society.

No comments:

Post a Comment